Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates 100G QSFP28
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – March 10, 2014 Skorpios Technologies, Inc., a fabless integrated silicon photonics system on a chip company, today announced the demonstration of a 100G QSFP28 transceiver utilizing Skorpios’ Template Assisted Bonding (STAB) process. In this product, the lasers, modulators, detectors and optical multiplexer/de-multiplexer are monolithically integrated into a single die using the STAB process, providing customers with cost, size and power benefits unachievable with any alternative technologies.
“We are delighted to be demonstrating our QSFP28 at OFC this year,” stated Alfredo Viglienzoni, SVP Sales, Marketing and Business Development. “With our unique integration approach, we can build solutions such as this product, which meet the increasing challenges of bandwidth growth within data centers. This is particularly attractive for those customers who have to operate within fixed infrastructure constraints to minimize capex.”
“The Skorpios QSFP28 underscores our ability to integrate higher level module solutions based on our STAB process. It operates without active cooling, and has a reach of up to 10km, making it ideal for the mega-scale architectures which are emerging to support cutting edge services,” commented Glenn Li, VP Engineering, Enterprise. “This product represents our first step towards multi-Tb/s interconnect bandwidth with small footprint, low power consumption, and low cost. Our high-speed WDM solutions enable bandwidth increase by better utilizing and without altering the existing cabling structure, thus offering a low- barrier, future-proof upgrade path.”
Skorpios invites customers to meet at the Optical Fiber Communications Conference (OFC) in San Francisco, March 9 – 13th, 2013. Please contact John Trainor (+44 118 973 3444) or Alfredo Viglienzoni (+1 323 823 9760) to arrange further discussions, and schedule a demonstration.
About Skorpios Technologies
Skorpios is a fabless semiconductor company delivering highly integrated communications products based upon our proprietary, wafer-scale, silicon photonics process. This novel process leverages the existing silicon manufacturing ecosystem to enable high bandwidth interconnectivity at mature CMOS manufacturing costs. Skorpios’ unique platform can be used to address a wide range of applications: high-speed video, data and voice communications for networking and cloud computing, storage, wireless and cable TV.
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Appointment of Luca Cafiero to Board of Directors
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Brian R. Griffiths as Chief Financial Officer
- Skorpios Expands Its Presence in New Mexico
- Skorpios Demonstrates Industry-First 100G System-on-Chip, Fully Integrated Opto-electronics Rx and Tx ICs (S-xoC) at OFC 2015
- Skorpios Demonstrates Differentiated 100G-CWDM Silicon Photonics Solutions at OFC 2015
- ECOC 2014 – Skorpios Participates in Technical and Market Forums at ECOC Cannes, 2014
- CWDM4 MSA Releases Detailed Specification for Low Cost 100G Optical Interfaces Targeting Data Center Applications
- Skorpios Technologies Joins the Alliance of Data Center, Switching and Optical Transceiver Companies Supporting Standards for 100GBase CLR4
- OFC 2014 – Skorpios’ Novel Integration Platform Demonstrates the Commercial Viability of Silicon Photonics
- Skorpios Launches Micro-ITLA Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates 100G QSFP28 (100G-QSFP-CLR4)
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates CMOS Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies, Inc. Announces the Close of a $19 Million Series B Financing Round
- Skorpios Technologies Receives $2 Million Follow-on Investment Bringing Series B to $21 Million