Skorpios Technologies Announces Brian R. Griffiths as Chief Financial Officer
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – September 6, 2016 – /PRNewswire/ – Skorpios Technologies, Inc., a fabless integrated silicon photonics system on a chip company, today announced the addition of Brian R. Griffiths as chief financial officer, effective immediately. In his new role at Skorpios, Griffiths will oversee the finance, accounting, M&A and investor relations’ functions, reporting to CEO Stephen Krasulick.
Griffiths is a veteran investment banker and advisor to the technology sector. During his 25-year investment banking career, he has worked on capital-raising and strategic transactions with many of the leading technology companies globally. Most recently, Griffiths was a senior managing director at Guggenheim Partners, working with companies across the technology industry. Prior to that, he was a managing director at Credit Suisse in New York and London. Griffiths earned an M.S. in Accounting from New York University and an M.B.A. from the Amos Tuck School at Dartmouth College.
“We are very pleased to welcome Brian to the team,” said Krasulick. “Brian’s strong financial and strategic experience, combined with deep technology sector expertise and global perspective, will be a tremendous asset to Skorpios as we embark on the next phase of our company’s evolution.”
“I am very excited to join Steve and the Skorpios team,” Griffiths added. “The market opportunity enabled by the technology platform that Skorpios has developed is very large and Skorpios has demonstrated clear technology leadership. I look forward to playing a key role in supporting Steve as we lead the business forward to its goal of being an independent, publicly-traded company.”
About Skorpios Technologies
Skorpios is a fabless semiconductor company delivering highly integrated communications products based upon its proprietary, wafer-scale, silicon photonics process. This novel process leverages the existing silicon manufacturing ecosystem to enable high bandwidth interconnectivity at mature CMOS manufacturing costs. Skorpios’ unique platform can be used to address a wide range of applications: high-speed video, data and voice communications for networking and cloud computing, storage, wireless and cable TV. For more information, visit www.skorpiosinc.com.
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Appointment of Luca Cafiero to Board of Directors
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Brian R. Griffiths as Chief Financial Officer
- Skorpios Expands Its Presence in New Mexico
- Skorpios Demonstrates Industry-First 100G System-on-Chip, Fully Integrated Opto-electronics Rx and Tx ICs (S-xoC) at OFC 2015
- Skorpios Demonstrates Differentiated 100G-CWDM Silicon Photonics Solutions at OFC 2015
- ECOC 2014 – Skorpios Participates in Technical and Market Forums at ECOC Cannes, 2014
- CWDM4 MSA Releases Detailed Specification for Low Cost 100G Optical Interfaces Targeting Data Center Applications
- Skorpios Technologies Joins the Alliance of Data Center, Switching and Optical Transceiver Companies Supporting Standards for 100GBase CLR4
- OFC 2014 – Skorpios’ Novel Integration Platform Demonstrates the Commercial Viability of Silicon Photonics
- Skorpios Launches Micro-ITLA Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates 100G QSFP28 (100G-QSFP-CLR4)
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates CMOS Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies, Inc. Announces the Close of a $19 Million Series B Financing Round
- Skorpios Technologies Receives $2 Million Follow-on Investment Bringing Series B to $21 Million