Skorpios Technologies Announces Appointment of Luca Cafiero to Board of Directors
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – October 10, 2016 – /PRNewswire/ – Skorpios Technologies, Inc., a fabless integrated silicon photonics system on a chip company, announced that Luca Cafiero joined its Board of Directors, effective October 6, 2016.
Cafiero is a veteran of the networking and IT industry. Most recently he served as a senior vice president at Cisco, co-leading the Insieme Business Unit. Cafiero is a serial entrepreneur, having co-founded several companies, including Nuova Systems in 2006, Crescendo Communications in 1993 and DAVID Systems in 1982.
“I’m thrilled to welcome Luca to our Board of Directors,” said Stephen Krasulick, CEO and chairman of Skorpios Technologies. “For more than two decades, Luca has had a successful track record of building multibillion dollar platforms and world-class teams, and delivering game-changing innovations embraced by enterprise, as well as service and cloud providers. He is a tremendous asset to the company.”
“Skorpios has created a disruptive technology platform that can be leveraged in numerous applications,” Cafiero added. “I strongly believe in this technology. I look forward to working with Steve to execute on his vision for the company.”
About Skorpios Technologies
Skorpios is a fabless semiconductor company delivering highly integrated communications products based upon its proprietary, wafer-scale, silicon photonics process. This novel process leverages the existing silicon manufacturing ecosystem to enable high bandwidth interconnectivity at mature CMOS manufacturing costs. Skorpios’ unique platform can be used to address a wide range of applications: highspeed video, data and voice communications for networking and cloud computing, storage, wireless and cable TV. For more information, visit www.skorpiosinc.com.
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Appointment of Luca Cafiero to Board of Directors
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Brian R. Griffiths as Chief Financial Officer
- Skorpios Expands Its Presence in New Mexico
- Skorpios Demonstrates Industry-First 100G System-on-Chip, Fully Integrated Opto-electronics Rx and Tx ICs (S-xoC) at OFC 2015
- Skorpios Demonstrates Differentiated 100G-CWDM Silicon Photonics Solutions at OFC 2015
- ECOC 2014 – Skorpios Participates in Technical and Market Forums at ECOC Cannes, 2014
- CWDM4 MSA Releases Detailed Specification for Low Cost 100G Optical Interfaces Targeting Data Center Applications
- Skorpios Technologies Joins the Alliance of Data Center, Switching and Optical Transceiver Companies Supporting Standards for 100GBase CLR4
- OFC 2014 – Skorpios’ Novel Integration Platform Demonstrates the Commercial Viability of Silicon Photonics
- Skorpios Launches Micro-ITLA Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates 100G QSFP28 (100G-QSFP-CLR4)
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates CMOS Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies, Inc. Announces the Close of a $19 Million Series B Financing Round
- Skorpios Technologies Receives $2 Million Follow-on Investment Bringing Series B to $21 Million