Skorpios Technologies Launches Micro-ITLA Tunable Laser
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – March 10, 2014 Skorpios Technologies, Inc., a fabless integrated silicon photonics system on a chip company, today announced the demonstration of a micro-ITLA tunable laser utilizing Skorpios’ Template Assisted Bonding (STAB) process. The laser was designed to meet the stringent demands of next generation high bandwidth coherent 100G transceivers, with linewidths of less than 100 kHz, low optical noise, high power and high stability.
“Launching our micro-ITLA is an important inflection point for Skorpios,” commented John Zyskind, VP Engineering. “Not only have we productized one of the hardest types of laser to develop, but we have initiated production based on our STAB platform, where we integrate a small amount of heterogeneous material using a wafer-scale process within a commercial CMOS fab. This gives us a very attractive cost structure, as well as high reliability because the device is natively hermetic. The Skorpios micro-ITLA will be used as a springboard into more highly integrated devices with a wide range of applications.”
“Using Skorpios’ micro-ITLA, customers are able to deploy coherent modules and transceivers, which have a significantly lower cost and power consumption than are achievable with current technologies,” said Rob Stone, VP of Marketing.
Skorpios invites customers to meet at the Optical Fiber Communications Conference (OFC) in San Francisco, March 9 – 13th, 2013. Please contact John Trainor (+44 118 973 3444) or Alfredo Viglienzoni (+1 323 823 9760) to arrange further discussions, and schedule a demonstration.
About Skorpios Technologies
Skorpios is a fabless semiconductor company delivering highly integrated communications products based upon our proprietary, wafer-scale, silicon photonics process. This novel process leverages the existing silicon manufacturing ecosystem to enable high bandwidth interconnectivity at mature CMOS manufacturing costs. Skorpios’ unique platform can be used to address a wide range of applications: high-speed video, data and voice communications for networking and cloud computing, storage, wireless and cable TV.
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Appointment of Luca Cafiero to Board of Directors
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Brian R. Griffiths as Chief Financial Officer
- Skorpios Expands Its Presence in New Mexico
- Skorpios Demonstrates Industry-First 100G System-on-Chip, Fully Integrated Opto-electronics Rx and Tx ICs (S-xoC) at OFC 2015
- Skorpios Demonstrates Differentiated 100G-CWDM Silicon Photonics Solutions at OFC 2015
- ECOC 2014 – Skorpios Participates in Technical and Market Forums at ECOC Cannes, 2014
- CWDM4 MSA Releases Detailed Specification for Low Cost 100G Optical Interfaces Targeting Data Center Applications
- Skorpios Technologies Joins the Alliance of Data Center, Switching and Optical Transceiver Companies Supporting Standards for 100GBase CLR4
- OFC 2014 – Skorpios’ Novel Integration Platform Demonstrates the Commercial Viability of Silicon Photonics
- Skorpios Launches Micro-ITLA Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates 100G QSFP28 (100G-QSFP-CLR4)
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates CMOS Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies, Inc. Announces the Close of a $19 Million Series B Financing Round
- Skorpios Technologies Receives $2 Million Follow-on Investment Bringing Series B to $21 Million