Skorpios Expands Its Presence in New Mexico
Silicon Photonics Leader to Acquire New High-Tech Manufacturing Facility, Add 300 New Jobs in Albuquerque
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – November 9, 2015 – Skorpios Technologies, Inc., a fabless silicon photonic integrated circuit company, today announced that it plans to acquire a facility suited for high-tech manufacturing in Albuquerque. This move enables Skorpios to expand its research, development, test an assembly capabilities, creating up to 300 jobs in New Mexico over the next few years.
Skorpios’ expansion has the backing of Governor Susana Martinez, New Mexico Economic Development Department Cabinet Secretary Jon Barela, and the teams from the New Mexico Economic Development Department and Albuquerque Economic Development in their efforts to incent job growth in the state. Skorpios will receive $5.5 million from state funding provided via the Local Economic Development Act (LEDA), which enables Skorpios to buy, upgrade and equip the company’s new facility in Albuquerque. Additionally, the City of Albuquerque will contribute $1.5 million in funding through LEDA to further support the company in its expansion in Albuquerque.
“Building New Mexico into a high-tech jobs leader is a cornerstone of our efforts to grow and diversify our economy,” said Governor Susana Martinez. “That’s why we continue to do all we can to make New Mexico more competitive and business friendly – because it shows results by creating jobs for our families and communities.”
“Skorpios would like to thank Governor Martinez, Secretary Barela and Albuquerque Mayor Richard J. Berry for their outstanding support as we take the next step in the evolution of the company,” said Stephen Krasulick, CEO and Founder of Skorpios Technologies. “We are thrilled to continue the expansion of our business in Albuquerque, and look forward to collaborating with the state and city to create opportunities that benefit the community and our company.”
Skorpios is about to deliver its first pluggable transceiver product, QSFP28-CWDM, 100G that supports both industry standard specifications, CWDM4 MSA and CLR4 Alliance later this year and, ramp-up volume production throughout 2016.
Alfredo Viglienzoni, email@example.com
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Appointment of Luca Cafiero to Board of Directors
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Brian R. Griffiths as Chief Financial Officer
- Skorpios Expands Its Presence in New Mexico
- Skorpios Demonstrates Industry-First 100G System-on-Chip, Fully Integrated Opto-electronics Rx and Tx ICs (S-xoC) at OFC 2015
- Skorpios Demonstrates Differentiated 100G-CWDM Silicon Photonics Solutions at OFC 2015
- ECOC 2014 – Skorpios Participates in Technical and Market Forums at ECOC Cannes, 2014
- CWDM4 MSA Releases Detailed Specification for Low Cost 100G Optical Interfaces Targeting Data Center Applications
- Skorpios Technologies Joins the Alliance of Data Center, Switching and Optical Transceiver Companies Supporting Standards for 100GBase CLR4
- OFC 2014 – Skorpios’ Novel Integration Platform Demonstrates the Commercial Viability of Silicon Photonics
- Skorpios Launches Micro-ITLA Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates 100G QSFP28 (100G-QSFP-CLR4)
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates CMOS Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies, Inc. Announces the Close of a $19 Million Series B Financing Round
- Skorpios Technologies Receives $2 Million Follow-on Investment Bringing Series B to $21 Million