Skorpios Demonstrates Industry-First 100G System-on-Chip, Fully Integrated Opto-electronics Rx and Tx ICs (S-xoC) at OFC 2015
Skorpios S-roC and S-toC Enable Efficient Supply Chain for Existing and Future High-Density Pluggable Form Factors
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – March 23, 2015 – Skorpios Technologies, Inc., a fabless integrated silicon photonics system on a chip company, today announced an industry-first 100G-CWDM System-on-Chip fully integrated opto-electronic S-roC receiver integrated circuit (IC) and S-toC transmitter IC. Skorpios is conducting the first live demonstration of its S-xoC family of 100G-CWDM solutions this week at OFC in Los Angeles. S-xoC 100G-CWDM ICs integrate silicon photonics optical ICs, transmit and receive electronic ICs and single-mode fiber (SMF) coupling all in one dense semiconductor IC package.
The data center market is poised to deploy 100G networking in large volume. The demand for SMF duplex fiber infrastructure; low power, high-density scalability to 400G; and commodity economics are higher than ever before. Skorpios’ S-xoC family gives large enterprises greater supply chain flexibility and cost savings. For the first time, Skorpios provides a semiconductor package with all optics, electronics and fiber coupling solutions, applicable to edge-pluggable, embedded, backplane or other proprietary applications that suits the customer’s cloud architecture.
“We project a quickly ramping demand for cost-effective, single-mode 100GbE links in the largest data centers,” said Dale Murray, principal analyst for LightCounting Market Research. “Complete System-on-Chip packaging of a CWDM optical engine with fiber coupling should offer packaging flexibility and the potential to meet demanding cost expectations.”
“Silicon photonics needs to enable more than simply moving some optical discrete functions from high-cost, low yielding III-V processes to CMOS,” said Samir Desai, vice president of Sales and Business Development at Skorpios. “With our S-xoC family of fully integrated optoelectronics solutions, customers can, for the first time, realize the true value of the fabless semiconductor business model in the optical communications market. The 100G data center optics market is the ideal first application of Skorpios’ S-xoC. We are excited to offer a roadmap that leads to true monolithic integration of terabit optoelectronics.”
For more information and availability on Skorpios S-xoC family please contact Samir Desai at Samir_Desai@skorpiosinc.com or Alfredo Viglienzoni at Alfredo_Viglienzoni@skorpiosinc.com.
About Skorpios Technologies
Skorpios is a fabless semiconductor company delivering highly integrated communications products based upon our proprietary, wafer-scale, silicon photonics process. This novel process leverages the existing silicon manufacturing ecosystem to enable high bandwidth interconnectivity at mature CMOS manufacturing costs. Skorpios’ unique platform can be used to address a wide range of applications: high-speed video, data and voice communications for networking and cloud computing, storage, wireless and cable TV. For more information, visit www.skorpiosinc.com.
Press Contact for Skorpios Technologies:
Phone: +1 323 823 9760
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Appointment of Luca Cafiero to Board of Directors
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Brian R. Griffiths as Chief Financial Officer
- Skorpios Expands Its Presence in New Mexico
- Skorpios Demonstrates Industry-First 100G System-on-Chip, Fully Integrated Opto-electronics Rx and Tx ICs (S-xoC) at OFC 2015
- Skorpios Demonstrates Differentiated 100G-CWDM Silicon Photonics Solutions at OFC 2015
- ECOC 2014 – Skorpios Participates in Technical and Market Forums at ECOC Cannes, 2014
- CWDM4 MSA Releases Detailed Specification for Low Cost 100G Optical Interfaces Targeting Data Center Applications
- Skorpios Technologies Joins the Alliance of Data Center, Switching and Optical Transceiver Companies Supporting Standards for 100GBase CLR4
- OFC 2014 – Skorpios’ Novel Integration Platform Demonstrates the Commercial Viability of Silicon Photonics
- Skorpios Launches Micro-ITLA Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates 100G QSFP28 (100G-QSFP-CLR4)
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates CMOS Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies, Inc. Announces the Close of a $19 Million Series B Financing Round
- Skorpios Technologies Receives $2 Million Follow-on Investment Bringing Series B to $21 Million