Skorpios Demonstrates Differentiated 100G-CWDM Silicon Photonics Solutions at OFC 2015
Senior Executive to Participate in Symposium on The Future of Integrated Optics
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – March 22, 2015 – Skorpios Technologies, Inc., a fabless integrated silicon photonics system on a chip company, today announced its participation at OFC 2015, taking place this week at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles. Skorpios will demonstrate its 100G-CWDM solutions in industry-standard form factors and proprietary ultra-high density (System on a Chip) form factors, at its private suite. Skorpios’ demonstration and roadmap address requirements of the data center market to bring high-density, low-cost, low-power, single-mode fiber duplex optical solutions to 100G networking today, with a platform to easily scale to 400G.
Highlighting its proprietary Skorpios’ Template Assisted Bonding (STAB) process, Alfredo Viglienzoni, senior vice president of Sales, Marketing and Business Development at Skorpios, will discuss the state of silicon photonics market opportunities and participate in the OFC Symposium entitled “Beyond The Gold Box: The Future of Integrated Optics.”
“I look forward to representing Skorpios at the OFC’s Symposium and discussing the future of integrated optics,” said Viglienzoni. “No other platform is capable of achieving the high level of integration and scalability that Skorpios STAB enables. The application spaces are limitless in scaling data rate, lambdas and link distance. Moreover, these benefits can be achieved at mature CMOS industry cost.”
Skorpios will deliver its first pluggable transceiver, the QSFP28-CWDM, 100G that support the CWDM4 MSA and CLR4 Alliance industry standard specifications. Skorpios also will begin deliveries of their Tunable Laser for Coherent transmission, which can be packaged in a micro ITLA form factor or other custom form factors. With these products, Skorpios enables the most highly integrated, lowest power dissipation and highest-density form factors available in the market. With the capabilities enabled by the STAB platform, Skorpios is able to offer two such diverse products simultaneously.
Skorpios invites customers to meet at OFC 2015 in Los Angeles. To set up a meeting, email Samir Desai at Samir_Desai@skorpiosinc.com or Alfredo Viglienzoni at Alfredo_Viglienzoni@ skorpiosinc.com.
About Skorpios Technologies
Skorpios is a fabless semiconductor company delivering highly integrated communications products based upon our proprietary, wafer-scale, silicon photonics process. This novel process leverages the existing silicon manufacturing ecosystem to enable high bandwidth interconnectivity at mature CMOS manufacturing costs. Skorpios’ unique platform can be used to address a wide range of applications: high-speed video, data and voice communications for networking and cloud computing, storage, wireless and cable TV. For more information, visit www.skorpiosinc.com.
Press Contact for Skorpios Technologies:
Phone: +1 323 823 9760
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Appointment of Luca Cafiero to Board of Directors
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Brian R. Griffiths as Chief Financial Officer
- Skorpios Expands Its Presence in New Mexico
- Skorpios Demonstrates Industry-First 100G System-on-Chip, Fully Integrated Opto-electronics Rx and Tx ICs (S-xoC) at OFC 2015
- Skorpios Demonstrates Differentiated 100G-CWDM Silicon Photonics Solutions at OFC 2015
- ECOC 2014 – Skorpios Participates in Technical and Market Forums at ECOC Cannes, 2014
- CWDM4 MSA Releases Detailed Specification for Low Cost 100G Optical Interfaces Targeting Data Center Applications
- Skorpios Technologies Joins the Alliance of Data Center, Switching and Optical Transceiver Companies Supporting Standards for 100GBase CLR4
- OFC 2014 – Skorpios’ Novel Integration Platform Demonstrates the Commercial Viability of Silicon Photonics
- Skorpios Launches Micro-ITLA Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates 100G QSFP28 (100G-QSFP-CLR4)
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates CMOS Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies, Inc. Announces the Close of a $19 Million Series B Financing Round
- Skorpios Technologies Receives $2 Million Follow-on Investment Bringing Series B to $21 Million