OFC 2014 – Skorpios’ Novel Integration Platform Demonstrates the Commercial Viability of Silicon Photonics
Skorpios Presents Technology Demonstrations at OFC 2014
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – March 10, 2014 Skorpios Technologies, Inc., a fabless integrated silicon photonics system on a chip company, today announced that it will deliver technology presentations at OFC 2014 and demonstrate products based on its proprietary Skorpios’ Template Assisted Bonding (STAB) process. Skorpios will be hosting a demonstration of its industry leading 100G 10km, CLR4 transceiver in a QSFP28 package and its silicon-photonics based micro-ITLA. With these products, Skorpios delivers on the promise of silicon photonics with the most highly integrated, lowest power dissipation and highest-density form-factors available in the market. Only through the capabilities enabled by the STAB platform, Skorpios is able to offer two such diverse products simultaneously.
“These product announcements represent an inflection point in the evolution of Skorpios. At this point the technology innovation, which has been the foundation of this company, converts into product innovation. In fact, Skorpios has achieved a significant corporate milestone by receiving the first orders for its products”, said Alfredo Viglienzoni, SVP Sales, Marketing, and Business Development.
“This is another big step forward for our company as we transition Skorpios from being a technology development company to a product development company. We continue to be driven by the technical and commercial requirements of our customers, partners, and investors,” commented Stephen Krasulick, CEO. “Our goal has always been to make Skorpios a commercially successful company known for its innovative technology and highly differentiated products.”
In addition to these product demonstrations, Skorpios will also be presenting a number of technical papers at OFC. Together with one of our technology partners, a demonstration of a 448 Gbit/s transmission link using CMOS silicon photonic, hybrid-integrated full-band tunable lasers for 28 GBaud DP-16QAM will be reported. The data reported in this paper show that system-performance equivalent to traditional approaches can be achieved at a fraction of the cost in one of the most demanding applications. To our knowledge, Skorpios is the only company with silicon-photonic technology capable of achieving coherent-grade performance in products manufactured in a commercial CMOS fab.
Additionally, Glenn Li, VP of Engineering, Enterprise Products, will be presenting an invited paper on Skorpios’ unique silicon photonics platform and its advantages in Tbit/s interconnect applications.
About Skorpios Technologies
Skorpios is a fabless semiconductor company delivering highly integrated communications products based upon our proprietary, wafer-scale, silicon photonics process. This novel process leverages the existing silicon manufacturing ecosystem to enable high bandwidth interconnectivity at mature CMOS manufacturing costs. Skorpios’ unique platform can be used to address a wide range of applications: high-speed video, data and voice communications for networking and cloud computing, storage, wireless and cable TV.
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Appointment of Luca Cafiero to Board of Directors
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Brian R. Griffiths as Chief Financial Officer
- Skorpios Expands Its Presence in New Mexico
- Skorpios Demonstrates Industry-First 100G System-on-Chip, Fully Integrated Opto-electronics Rx and Tx ICs (S-xoC) at OFC 2015
- Skorpios Demonstrates Differentiated 100G-CWDM Silicon Photonics Solutions at OFC 2015
- ECOC 2014 – Skorpios Participates in Technical and Market Forums at ECOC Cannes, 2014
- CWDM4 MSA Releases Detailed Specification for Low Cost 100G Optical Interfaces Targeting Data Center Applications
- Skorpios Technologies Joins the Alliance of Data Center, Switching and Optical Transceiver Companies Supporting Standards for 100GBase CLR4
- OFC 2014 – Skorpios’ Novel Integration Platform Demonstrates the Commercial Viability of Silicon Photonics
- Skorpios Launches Micro-ITLA Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates 100G QSFP28 (100G-QSFP-CLR4)
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates CMOS Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies, Inc. Announces the Close of a $19 Million Series B Financing Round
- Skorpios Technologies Receives $2 Million Follow-on Investment Bringing Series B to $21 Million