CWDM4 MSA Releases Detailed Specification for Low Cost 100G Optical Interfaces Targeting Data Center Applications
Consortium Surpasses 15 Member Mark Gaining Substantial Industry-wide Participation and Adoption
SAN JOSE, CA – September 9, 2014 – The CWDM4 MSA consortium today released the first detailed specification (revision 1.0) for low cost 100G interfaces targeting data center applications. Formed in March 2014, the CWDM4 MSA targets a common specification for 100G optical interfaces that addresses data communication links up to 2 kilometers in the data center.
The CWDM4 architecture employs 4 lanes of 25 Gb/s using Coarse Wavelength Division Multiplexing (CWDM) technology to transport 100G optical traffic across duplex single mode fiber (SMF). The specification is designed to take advantage of Forward Error Correction (FEC) on the host port, in accordance with IEEE 802.3bj KR4 RS FEC. The specification was developed through a broad review process, soliciting detailed feedback from a large group of industry experts from more than 40 companies that include system OEMs, optical component vendors, chip vendors, and fiber cabling manufacturers.
The CWDM4 MSA has substantially expanded its membership. The five founding members are Avago Technologies, Finisar, JDSU, Oclaro, and Sumitomo Electric. The CWDM4 MSA membership now includes: Brocade, ColorChip, Hitachi Metals, Juniper Networks, Kaiam, Mitsubishi Electric, Neophotonics, Oplink, Skorpios Technologies, and SiFotonics.
In addition, the CWDM4 website has been updated and is available to the public, providing information including MSA objectives, specification details, and a membership application form for interested companies. The website can be accessed at: www.cwdm4-msa.org.
“The CWDM4 MSA has achieved a key milestone today in the push towards mass adoption of 100G interfaces in datacenter applications,” said Vladimir Kozlov, Founder and CEO of Lightcounting Market Research. “Achieving revision 1.0 allows the industry to move forward in developing a common, ubiquitous optics platform for next generation datacenter applications.”
The CWDM4 specification revision 1.0 is now available. For additional information, visit the website at www.cwdm4-msa.org.
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Appointment of Luca Cafiero to Board of Directors
- Skorpios Technologies Announces Brian R. Griffiths as Chief Financial Officer
- Skorpios Expands Its Presence in New Mexico
- Skorpios Demonstrates Industry-First 100G System-on-Chip, Fully Integrated Opto-electronics Rx and Tx ICs (S-xoC) at OFC 2015
- Skorpios Demonstrates Differentiated 100G-CWDM Silicon Photonics Solutions at OFC 2015
- ECOC 2014 – Skorpios Participates in Technical and Market Forums at ECOC Cannes, 2014
- CWDM4 MSA Releases Detailed Specification for Low Cost 100G Optical Interfaces Targeting Data Center Applications
- Skorpios Technologies Joins the Alliance of Data Center, Switching and Optical Transceiver Companies Supporting Standards for 100GBase CLR4
- OFC 2014 – Skorpios’ Novel Integration Platform Demonstrates the Commercial Viability of Silicon Photonics
- Skorpios Launches Micro-ITLA Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates 100G QSFP28 (100G-QSFP-CLR4)
- Skorpios Technologies Demonstrates CMOS Tunable Laser
- Skorpios Technologies, Inc. Announces the Close of a $19 Million Series B Financing Round
- Skorpios Technologies Receives $2 Million Follow-on Investment Bringing Series B to $21 Million